I am so excited to be making my favorite fall beverage, especially since this means I will have some stored up this November. This recipe is inspired by The Prairie Homestead. This recipe will make a one quart batch of concentrate that will last several weeks.
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2-3″ fresh ginger, sliced
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 vanilla beans
- 3 star anise
- 15 cloves
- 2 teaspoons cardamom seeds
- 5 black tea bags
- Milk of your choice
- In a medium pot, bring water and sugar to a boil and simmer until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add all of the spices, and simmer on low heat for 20 minute
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the black tea bags. Then let the mixture steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain out the spices and tea bags
- Save the liquid concentrate in a container and store in the fridge for several weeks.
- To enjoy, mix one part chai concentrate with one part milk. Heat in a sauce pan until it reaches your desired temperature.
I hope you all enjoy and please let me know what your favorite recipes are for fall in the comment section below.