One thing you should know about me is that I am obsessed with my rescue pup Brutus. He definitely is one spoiled pup and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Brutus is not a fan of any biscuit treats, so in addition to the ones we buy, I also love to make these simple no bake dog treats.
You only need three ingredients:
1 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Oats
1/4 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
One of the things I love about these treats is that I don’t have to be worried about what added ingredients they have.
Coconut oil is a great addition to a dogs diet. It helps improve energy levels, keeps their coat looking great, helps with allergic reactions, improves cognitive functions and improves digestion. If your dog is new to coconut oil a good starting dose is 1/4 a teaspoon for small dogs and 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon for large dogs.
Using it in treats is a easy way to supplement their diets.
I bought these adorable silicon molds on Amazon that you can bake with or use in the fridge as a mold.
- Combine ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Remove from microwave. The ingredients should have a more liquid texture to allow for easy mixing.
- Pour ingredients into mold and let it set for 2 hours in fridge.
- Once hardened remove from mold.
- Store in fridge to maintain shape.
I know Brutus loves these treats and I hope you fur baby does as well.
Share in the comments section below what treats your dog goes wild for.